These free GED Math online classes provide the core knowledge required to pass the GED Math Test.
Topics include Fractions, Percentages, Polynomials, Solving Equations, Geometry, and Graphing. The topics covered will help you understand GED Math questions better.
Tutoring starts with one-step equations then it progresses to Algebra and Geometry.
The GED Math test is 115 minutes long and it has about 45-49 questions.
Many students see the GED Math subtest as the most challenging of the four modules. That’s why our Math video lessons cover tiny bits of information at a time.
GED Math Study Guide & Lessons
We also created highly effective testing strategies that may even help you fast-track the entire process.
The GED Math test includes two parts. In the second part, you can use a calculator. There will be an on-screen calculator and formulas are provided as well.
- Questions You Need to Answer to Pass the GED Math Test
- What Are Your Math Skills? Are you a Poet or a Quant?
- Rounding and Estimation
- Order of operations basis
- What Are Integers, Prime Numbers, and Rational Numbers
- How to Factor
Fractions and Decimals
- Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages
- Basics of Fractions
- How to Multiply Fractions
- Dividing Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals
- Multiplying Decimals
- Ordering Fractions and Decimals – MUST KNOW for GED Math Test
- How to do Ratios
- Unit rates and Unit prices
- How to Find LCM
- How to Find GCF
- Square roots
- Rules of Exponents
- Order of Operations with exponents
- Language of Algebra
- Perimeter and Area
- Perimeter and Area of Rectangles
- Area and Perimeter of a Triangle
- How to Find Area and Circumference of a Circle
- How to Find Volume of 3D Geometric Shapes
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Combining like terms
- Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- Equation and Solution of an equation
- Equivalent Equations
- Operations that Produce Equivalent Equations
- Solving Equations by multiplying and dividing
- Equations and Word Problems
- Commutative Property of Addition and Multiplication
- Associative Property of Addition and Multiplication
- Distributive Property of Multiplication and Addition
Math Practice Tests
Additionally, we have 20 Math practice tests. Click on the link below to get started.
You are allowed to use a calculator on the GED Test. It needs to be a TI-30 XS, scientific calculator. These lessons show you how to use this calculator to pass the GED Math test.
Each lesson includes a short video with a step-by-step explanation, text, and a quiz. You need to have access to the scientific calculator TI-30 XS. The first lessons explain how you can get a traditional, digital, or app version of the calculator.
- Two Versions of the TI-30 XS Calculator
- TI-30 XS Calculator App-What’s the Best?
- How to Use the TI-30 XS Calculator
- Negative vs Subtracting Sign-TI-30 XS Calculator
- Calculating Percent with TI-30 XS
- Calculating Fractions with TI-30 XS
- Calculating Square Roots and Square of a Number-TI-30 XS
- Calculating Exponents with TI-30 XS
- Replacing Variables with Plug-in Method on TI-30 XS
Why The GED Math Lessons
Many GED students are a little overwhelmed when they think about the GED Math test. It could very well be that you’ve been out of school for some years but even if you just quit school, math can be the most challenging of the four GED subtests. Well, if you feel that way, you’re certainly not alone.
The passing standards on the GED subtests are set in a way that some 40 percent of high school grads would not be able to pass the tests on the first try.
Actually, the math section of the GED exam is what’s concerning most students, and we know that this part is even stopping many people from trying to take the GED exam in the first place.
That why we developed these free video lessons and practice tests. Video instruction is a proven effective way to get ready for the actual exam and with our free help and guidance, you’ll be ready to successfully take the GED Math test in a short time frame and without too much trouble!
Developers of BGC Online Math Classes
Our free Math Online Classes come from Covcel GED Prep. This premium course allows us to publish 118 lessons and practice tests. Covcel is created by experienced teachers and Ph.D. graduates from America’s leading universities.
Last Updated on April 12, 2021.