These GED Practice Tests can get you ready for the real GED® test in a few weeks. They are updated for the 2018-2019 school year and contain free practice questions in the four GED subjects.
Our GED practice test will show you how to apply your knowledge to the GED exam.
These 186 sample GED Tests include multiple choice questions complete with answers and explanations.
These GED practice tests include Mathematical Reasoning, Science, Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA), and Social Studies preparation questions.
To take in these GED prep tests, all you need is a computer or a smartphone and access to the internet.
So choose a GED subject below to start learning. You don’t need to sign up and give your email address.
These GED practice tests are highly efficient tools to detect your strengths and weaknesses in order to prepare well for the real thing.
They help students recall content, develop time management and pacing skills, and operating a scientific calculator.
Everything is free, we ask you to just stay motivated and before you know you will be ready for your GED Test.
You get everything to practice for your GED Test so you can pass the official exam in no time and earn your High School equivalency diploma.
Taking a practice test is important because the GED is a long, high-pressure exam that has its own unique way of asking test questions though you can take one of the four tests at a time.
GED Practice Test with Timer
Are you ready for more? Choose longer GED practice test for one of the subjects with a timer. These longer practice tests will help you prepare for the real GED test.
Make sure that you score your practice tests and that you understand the explanations. If you’ve made a mistake or when you don’t know the answer to a question, get a notebook and write that question down so you’ll be able to get back to the question to learn about the subject so you can fill in that knowledge gap.
Similar to high school tests, the official GED test is timed, so you will also need to work on your pacing. The best way to review your academic readiness is to take practice tests modeled after the real GED exam.
There are huge differences between passive learning and taking practice tests actively because by taking some practice tests, you’ll be putting your knowledge and skills into action.
Practice tests will also help you track your progress. They also are a great help to identify which subject fields require most of your attention.
On the official GED test, you have just 2.3 minutes to answer each GED question. That is real pressure. Practice under the same pressure and increase your confidence. We have GED practice tests with 10, 15, 25, and 50 questions. Our practice tests with a timer will build your confidence and your time management skills.
GED Test Key Facts
- GED Test Passing Scores are 145-200 points for each GED subject
- A student needs to take the four tests in person in an official Testing Center
- A student can take one test at the time
- In most states, students don’t need to take a test prep, courses, or classes prior to signing up for a GED test
- In most states, the GED Test costs about $30 per subject test
- The Math Test is considered the most difficult part of the GED test
GED Practice Test is Important
- Taking practice tests is a great way to identify gaps in your knowledge that you may not have been aware of. Taking practice tests can be helpful for making strategic decisions as to what subject fields require your attention most.
- Taking practice tests is a highly effective tool for identifying your weaknesses and strengths. If you will use the information that you get through practice tests wisely, you can much easier create an individual study plan for yourself efficiently.
- Taking practice tests offers you the best possible method for experiencing the “real thing”. Taking a practice test gives you the chance to simulate the same conditions that you will experience on test day. You should, if you take the Social Studies practice test, for example, create the same conditions and give yourself also 70 minutes (no less, no more, exactly 70 minutes like on the real test) and take the practice tests in a quiet area without distractions.
After all your studying, you want to make sure you’ll be able to get to all the questions and answer them thoroughly in the hour you’ll be given. You should also practice writing a GED essay (during the exam called the extended response).
Improve Your GED Test Score with our Free GED Prep Materials
Our GED Online Prep offers you free video lessons that contain a short video, text, and a mini-practice test (that’s like a game). Click here to check our free study guide. These free resources will help you to increase the score in Math Reasoning, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts Reasoning. The RLA program includes English grammar, writing, and reading, and GED essay samples.
If your goal is to pass the GED, then you need to learn about test-taking strategies. Understanding the structure of the GED tests and learning basic test-taking techniques will increase your self-confidence and increase your chances to pass the test.
Try to find the correct answer first, but if you don’t know it, use your eliminating or/and guessing strategies. Choose the one best answer to each question, says, Chris from Covcell (Decoding the GED).
If you manage to use the provided information in a wise way, you will be able to create your efficient study plan.
What is GED Online?
GED Online refers to preparing for the GED® test using GED online classes and practice tests. GED Online allows you to prepare for the GED® test by using classes and practice tests over the internet.
You don’t need to go back to school to get ready for the GED test. But you need the proper resources if you don’t want to fail a bunch of times.
You can combine online GED preparation together with traditional classes offered by many Adult Education centers and community colleges.
How to Prepare for the GED test
Preparation is essential for every test, but now with the new GED test, HiSET, and TASC programs, the bar has been raised, and it has become more important than ever before. When you feel ready to take on one of the four GED tests (or one of the five HiSET or TASC subtests), you really should take some practice tests to identify which areas you need to focus on most. You can our use online (free) GED resources to prepare for the GED test. No need to worry about going for GED lessons in a physical classroom.
During online GED classes, students study independently for GED-related subjects, as developed by qualified instructors. They are all nicely designed, use the best and latest technology, and are engaging and stimulating. You can view your scores right after testing.
Who is behind the GED Test?
The GED Test is administrated by GED Testing Service. This organization is a joint venture of the nonprofit American Council on Education (ACE) and Pearson, the world’s most significant education and testing company.
Students who pass the GED test receive the GED Diploma issued by their States.
The GED Test is fully aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
To take the GED test, you must register at the official GED website GED.com and set up your account with the portal MyGED. There are hundreds of GED testing centers throughout the United States operated by colleges and adult education centers.
Official GED Practice Test
Practice tests published on this website are meant just as a practice. The more you practice, the better and more familiar you get with this type of content.
However, if you would like to check your chances to pass the real test, then you should purchase the GED Ready® test. It costs $6 per subject and will diagnose your chances of passing the GED test in real life.
Avoid fake GED Diplomas
On Instagram, Twitter or Facebook, you can be exposed to many ads about GED Diplomas or Certificates that you can buy.
You should never try to purchase it, here are the signs of possible fakes:
- You are promised to get a High School Diploma without a need to pass a test. Legitimate courses- including online courses- require substantial work.
- You are promised to “Get a Diploma for work or life experience” – The GED Diploma is granted only if you pass the GED Test.
- You are promised to get your Diploma for passing the GED test on the website. – The real GED Test can be taken only in person; you CANNOT take the GED Test online. Only various practice tests are available online.
- No Waiting – Though there are courses that offer accelerated preparation in-person or online, getting ready for the GED test still takes some time. If an ad promises that you can get the GED in a few days, it’s most probably a fake.
- Pushy Advertising Tactics – Fake diploma providers often use aggressive sales tactics, including high-pressure telemarketing calls.
GED Practice Test, the best way to prepare
The bests way to prepare for the real test is to take as many GED practice tests as you can. You will be able to get used to the time pressure and create your own test-taking strategy. These skills will help you when you attend college, join the workforce, or advance your career. Science Social Studies, Math, and English Language are the four testing fields of the GED exam.
If you notice that you miss too many correct answers, take our online classes to improve your score.
Our practice tests are not related to the Official GED Practice Test™ produced and distributed by the American Council on Education (ACE) and GED Testing Service. ACE and GED Testing Service LLC have not approved, authorized, endorsed, been involved in the development of, or licensed the substantive content of these practice tests. The rights are with GED Testing Service.