It can take three months to get a GED diploma if you study 2-3 times a week for at least 1 hour. If you would learn once a week, it will take 6-8 months to get ready for the GED test. And here you can also read about GED courses.
You can increase your chances of passing the GED® exam by 20% if you apply these simple strategies. It’s called the 20/80 rule. 20% of your efforts leads to 80% of your results. So here you go:
Practice Smarter, No Need to Practice Harder The test is a mental marathon that has a significant impact on your future. Just like a marathon runner, it is important to work your way up to the full challenge.
Read these two stories of students who used our GED programs to get ready for the exam. Julia W. is a 29-year-old single mom from California working full time. When she started our GED program, she was busy with her life and work. She enjoyed her work, but she wanted to earn more. “I wanted security for my daughter too,” Julia explains. “A little security. My pinnacle of success… was just to get my GED® diploma in a year.”
Julia followed Best GED Classes’s online prep program and signed up for reminders once a week so she could still take care of all important stuff. But instead of watching TV series, she was spending 1 hour on Friday evenings watching 3-4 prep videos and taking the accompanying short tests.
Soon enough she started seeing results, the tests seemed to become easier, and she could watch 5-6 videos during her hour of studying. Small steps summed up and after 4.5 months she knew she was ready for the GED exam. For the following two weeks, she took practice tests and then she took the final “real” exam. Julia passed the four tests of the GED exam, and she feels more secure at work. “I learned something else; now I know that I can achieve my goals if I set my priorities right.
Sarah K. used our GED programs to secure her GED diploma stress-free in 3 months. Here’s how she did it:
“Earlier this year, my former boss referred me to a small company looking for a receptionist. I got a call from the company’s manager to schedule an interview. In that same conversation, she asked if I had a high school or GED test diploma. I knew I couldn’t lie, so I said no but I’m working on it and will have my GED® test diploma in 2 months. She was okay with it.
A few days later, I had the interview. The hiring manager wanted me to clarify my education. Again, I told her that I would have a GED diploma within two months.” A few hours later she called to offer me the job. This was nice, but now I was under pressure, and I was looking for a magical way to get my diploma. I even considered buying it online, but after thinking about it for a minute, I knew this was an extremely stupid idea.
So I took Best GED Classes’ online GED program that includes video lessons of 2-4 minutes and then there is a 2-questions test, and you can read what was spoken in the video. Every GED subject is divided into smaller chapters with video lessons, and there is also a test related to the material learned in a chapter. It was hard for a week, and I didn’t like learning at all, but it got better. I got a feeling of accomplishment every time I finished a small test.
Sure enough, I was ready after 2.5 months. I took a bunch of GED practice tests and passed them every time. I signed up for the GED exam, I took two tests per day, and was successful on all four of them!
I emailed my boss informing her about my GED diploma. Within minutes she wrote back saying she had always believed in my capacities.”
Let’s break down how Sarah and Julia got such massive results:
- They knew what traps to avoid, like not buying a fake GED. Often, we’re so eager to get the job that we are ready to buy “diploma” … and rob ourselves. If you’ve done your homework, you’ll know there is no magic solution.
- They were motivated and confident. They knew what was needed to do.
- They chose a set of proven tools. Online GED programs are an easy way to start and learn, thousands of students have earned their GED diploma stress-free. Even if you don’t have a computer at home, you can always go to the library. Take control.
- They stuck to their routine. Starting a new schedule is hard, many people don’t follow the plan. They were motivated and kept learning.
- They took many GED practice tests before the real exam. When you are well-prepared and know exactly what to say, you gain power and control, and you’re more likely to succeed.
You’ve now already learned some of the secrets of getting the GED diploma stress free.
We deliver online learning materials in the form of video classes and GED practice tests at no charge at all.
You decide how many times you want to learn
- once a week? – It will take you 6-8 months to get ready, HiSET, or TASC exam
- 2-3 times a week? Great! In 2-3 months you will be all set for the exam
Best Strategies to prepare for a GED test
- To get optimally prepared, you should study a lot to master the exam content, learn how to apply testing strategies, and take as many GED practice tests as you can.
- Don’t take GED practice tests in order to learn subject areas. There’s no use in taking these practice tests again and again, instead use these GED online classes.
- When you feel ready take a GED practice test without any time constraints, and use all available study help, the so-called open book method. You can take all the time you need to answer the questions, allowing you to focus on the best way to apply different strategies.
- Then, take a timed GED practice test and use all available study help (open book method).
- Now take a timed GED practice test and DON’T use any study guides or help.
You should take as many practice tests as you can, but be aware that on test day, you must be optimally prepared.
So get focused and get the best test result you can on the first try.
Do you feel that you’re not good at learning?
Don’t worry; you are not alone. Many people who have been out of school for some time have the same feeling.
For now, I focus on the first step: starting to learn and adopting a new routine. It’s worth it; the rewards can be huge: further education, a better job, a better life.
Before you go, also read my review of My GED. It’s the official website that you need to use for setting up your GED tests.