The math part of the latest version (2014 Series) of the GED exam assesses your analytical and critical thinking skills as well as your problem-solving competencies. GED® Math online classes are the most efficient solutions to assist you in preparing for the High School Equivalency exam. So, practice away! Here you have unrestricted video lessons, practice tests, and revision of critical concepts.

The math section of the GED exam measures your mathematical reasoning and practices skills at the level of graduating high school seniors. The GED math section allows you 115 minutes to deal with over 45 questions that come in various types, such as multiple choice, hot spot, drag-and-drop, or drop-down questions.

The GED math section covers two primary content fields, and around 45% of the math section will assess your skills in quantitative problem solving and this part includes geometric questions and number operations. The other 55% of the math section measures your algebraic knowledge and problem-solving skills.

On this first part, you cannot use a calculator. You need to complete this first section before you can move on the second part of the GED math test.

The second part comes with some 40 questions, and you are allowed to use an on-screen provided calculator, but you can also bring your own TI-30XS Multiview Scientific Calculator. After part one, there is a 3-minute break. Please beware that you watch your time during the first part to make sure you have enough time left to complete the second part of the GED math test

Basic Math

Test: What you know about Basic Math?


If you are planning to take on GED exam, you are required to understand master the fractions section of the GED Math test.  Fractions are in fact “part-to-whole relationships.”

Practice Tests about Fractions


To be successful on the GED math test, you are required to understand how to work with (and read) decimals.

Practice Tests Decimals

Solving Equations

Practice Tests  Solving Equations


Geometry makes up around 25% percent of the entire Mathematics test.

Practice Tests Geometry


Practice Test Questions About Probability etc

The 2014 Series GED math section assesses your capacities and ability to solve mathematical problems and uses real-world examples and issues to do so. You need to be able to show that you master things like using rational numbers, ratios, proportions and percentages. This section also measures how you solve linear inequalities, factor polynomial expressions, identify functions on tables or graphs, how you can apply the Pythagorean Theorem, and how well you can calculate geometric figures. You will receive a sheet including algebraic and geometric formulas for volume, area, slope, and so on.

You now have the option to take one of the four tests when you are sufficiently prepared with a 2-year time frame. The minimum score on each subtest to pass that part was 150, out of a possible 200 points, but in early 2016 this was brought back to 145. A little math learns that your overall score cannot be less that 580 if you want to pass. Averaging is not an option, and the scores are measured on a 100 – 200 points scale.  This post contains many free video lessons that are very helpful to get ready for this section of the GED Math test fast.